The Amigo tablets, Classic or Connect, may connect to the Internet using a mobile data connection. If this is the option you chose, you will need to inform us that you wish to order the tablet with a SIM-card slot option once you have placed your order for the Wi-Fi standard tablet. The additional cost is 50 CHF.
We recommend you check the quality of the network signal at the place the tablet will be used. If you chose to use our SIM card, you can check the theoretical quality of Sunrise’ mobile signal by providing the address of the tablet user here.
Regarding the choice of a SIM-card, you have 2 options:
- You procure it from one of the mobile phone operators.
- Or you order ours, for a price of 12 CHF per month. Please note that this option is only available in Switzerland.
Here are its details: the proposed Flat 10 SIM card is a Sunrise mobile data network access card offering 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speeds. This has proven to be suitable for video calls on the Amigo tablets. A higher speed card, the Sim Card Flat 50, can be ordered with a speed of 50 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload for higher bandwidth, but at a higher price.
- The amount of data is unlimited, provided that the usage is not unusually high over a long period of time. In such extreme cases, the mobile operator reserves the right to reduce the priority of the SIM card concerned.
- The subscription to the SIM Card Flat 10 is CHF 12 per month.
- Its invoicing is done with the quarterly subscription of the Amigo tablet.
- The card activation fee is CHF 20, which is a one-off cost.
- The card belongs to GoldenAge and must be returned to it at the end of the subscription if requested. In case of failure to return the card, the cost of 20 CHF will be charged.
- Termination conditions are the same as for the Amigo tablet, the subscription ends one month after the announcement, at the end of the month. Example: you inform us that you want to cancel your Amigo subscription on 15 January. The subscription ends at the end of February, including for the SIM card. Any unused amount is due and refunded to the customer pro rata the remaining months.
- If during the trial period the client exercises his-her right to return the tablet according to our general terms and conditions available here, payment for the SIM card subscription is due for one month.